Monday, October 09, 2006

 

[Fn_Ga] Studying WAA Software

TaskDetailDeadlineResult
Internet Testing Products2006-10-11 14:00  


Recently, I took another project in google answer, inspecting the marcket of Web Analytics & Analysis Software.

It's much easier than the last one -- Same day courier. The good feeling of exciting lasts for quite time, until I found the reason. The feeling mainly derived from the more powful software vender, more convinience and straight forward interface they design, and elegant sentances they are advtising, but not my increasing ability.

And now I would like to express my feeling about severial products I inspected:

1. The most impressive feeling comes from omniture, I found it from WAA, though being left in the end of the line, the whole performance of the web site design struct me most especially when skimming over their flash demo. The reader's mind was clear and easy to understanding by the excellency of professional, really attatching to the importance, KISS style. The software include SiteCatalyst, SiteCatalyst 13, & Discover. I give it 5 asterisk. *****

2.The second is European's Nedstat Company. Its easy & fast style attracted me. It has two products the high-end Sitestat and Nedstat Pro for small and medium websites. ****

3.Other softwares have been or will be inspected , such as SurfStats, WebTrends, WebSideStory, Bisualsciences, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, AWStat, ClickZ, Nielsen//NetRatings's RedSheriff .

Feeling beyoned inspectation:

Beside this, more reward I achieved is the goal of my work becomesv more clear and positive. My work is not to take care of the questioner's feeling to earn money, but to bring them value or increase their value. Quite different from my last work's attitude. Thank god.

So I went over my last failed project, in my emplyed period, and get the following points:
1. More practise should be apply before you submit a solusion, and the demo is just a refference.
2. To apply point 1, the clear and real workflow studing is important.
3. And I did a bad job in the last project to give or increase my boss any value. I'm quite sorry about it.

Tommorrow will be beter.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?